Monday, July 13, 2009

Pimp my minisettee

Last year I found a horrid settee and bed at the fair in Vaassen, but I saw loads of possibilities to give them both a makeover, so I decided to buy them. The bed is already unrecognizable, but not finished, so no pictures yet! ;-)

Because I had some free hours today that were supposed to be spent on housework, I started on the settee. First a lot of tearing and pulling on the upholstery. It was glued on with some kind of PVC glue and did NOT feel like coming off today. Too bad for the glue I felt like it did! Then came the sanding, because I don't really like mahogany and it doesn't fit the shabby chic look that I have in mind for my summer getaway house. You wouldn't believe the amount of pink dust that came off it when I sanded it down!


I hope to have time to finish it tomorrow or the day after, but there's lot's of pillow-making waiting for me, so who knows.... For now, you'll have to be satisfied with the picture I took last year after buying :-)


1 comment: