I just had to share! This is actually a swap for a friend of mine, but she knows nothing about this blog, so I can happily show you this :) Oh and that battery is only there for sice reference, I'm not sending her that too LOL!
I made her a shabby chic cabinet for a little girl, filled with little girl stuff. The shelves, sides, top and bottom are made out of an old window blind. A friend of mine was redoing her living room and gave me the old blind and I was thrilled... How weird the people with this hobby can be LOL! The back of the cabinet is made of popsicle sticks. The whole thing painted in three layers of white acrylic paint and then aged just a little bit with patina in antique brown.
On the top shelf there are two pretty jars like mommy has (these are probably empty daycreamjars she got to play with), a little crown for dressing up as a princess and a seashell she found at the beach.
On a whole different subject: check out this girl's blog! Her stuff makes me drool! Especially the charm bracelets and the slightly Burtonesque* paintings ooohhh I want I want I want!!
*Read that word once online, refers to director Tim Burton, one of my absolute favourites. I don't usually pick up words online, I rather make my own, but I loved burtonesque almost as much as the guy's work :)
Oh! How creative to use blinds! I love seeing dollhouse stuff made from other people's 'trash'!! And don't be shy about your bears! We all have to start somewhere...and what better people to share them with then blogland:)
ReplyDeleteKatie