Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mischievous cat

I found out only this morning that I have new followers! How crosseyed do you have to be to miss that on the blogger dashboard huh? I would like to give a warm welcome to everyone who thinks my scribblings are worth following. Thank you for reading :)

Yesterday my BF and I had quite an adventure. We went to Ikea to check for a new chair, coffee table or maybe some kitchen stuff... We were almost out of there, but then entered the pet-section, where they sell this gorgeous cattree that we have been drewling over for ever since we moved into our home (that was november '08). It's so pretty compared to other scratching posts that you find in a petshop (the fake fur with pawprint design, whose idea was that? Yuck!). Also it's not too big, so we (the toethumpers) don't walk into it on drowsy mornings, but it's still big enough to entertain our Maine Coon girl. So after drewling all over the displaymodel, we decided to get a dry one still in the box and take it home. Since we don't have a car, we had to take the bus with the big box, but the driver seemed okay with it. (He probably drives by Ikea everyday, laughing at people stuffing boxes in cars that are smaller than them.)
When we came home, the unwrapping of the tree began. Now, I know what people always say about Ikea furniture, but I think it's a great idea packing everything in a box and adding a little book that says how to build. As long as you keep all the thingsies from everything you buy there, it shouldn't be hard to fix yourself up with some cool affordable new stuff. We actually have a bunch of them in our toolkit, so two or three people can build at the same time. That came in so handy when we were moving!!
So the BF and I went to work, fitting the bits and pieces together. It looked so great when it was finished and secured to the wall!


But where was Saphira to check it out?? Cats ALWAYS prefer the box!! Doesn't matter what you buy them or how much it cost you, they always end up playing with the box... Grrrrr I know I spoil you rotten, but it wouldn't hurt you to show some appreciation every now and then!!

But when we cleared the room of everything that could possibly be of interest given the fact that it was merely new (box, wrappings, thingsies, tape, screws, screwdriver, pencil) she actually found the cattree great. She ran around like an idiot all afternoon and that's how she says "I'm having loads of fun". She did that too when we came home from our vacation and again when my mom and her doggy visited. So we knew it had been worth our money :)


No comments:

Post a Comment