Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh Sandy

No I haven't changed her name to Sandy lol! We've been sanding this afternoon, hence the title of this post :)

I ripped out most of the hideous wallpaper, but some of the paper residu wouldn't come off. So I got out the palette knife, scraped and scraped and I can now say the attic is done! Also I scraped off the rest of the carpet in the master bedroom. Alice was really pleased I did that, she says it already looks much cleaner.

After the scraping comes the sanding. I want the walls to be as smooth as possible, to avoid a fiasco when putting up new wallpaper. So we sanded... and sanded... and sanded... and vacuumed the dust away. And it was certainly worth our while! Well mostly, I did the work, since I can hold larger pieces of sandpaper! But here's a pic of Alice doing a mighty fine job!


2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Alice sanding- she's jumping right in and getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure is! Tonight we finished the room that was designed to be a kitchen. Alice and I have decided it will be a family room though, meant for books, movies and cuddling.

    ReplyDelete