Monday, October 31, 2011

I realize I haven't been around at all in the last three months. Wow three months rush by like crazy! Just a quick summary of what happened, so that when I want to get back to blogging, I won't have to explain everything :)

One of the best things is that our cats are doing great. Saphira is always the graceful, silly, angelic rascal and Luna is growing into the biggest baby I've ever seen. She just turned one year old in september and is now already a whopping 5.4 kilos (almost 12 pounds)! Yet she produces the sweetest purry sounds and is too much of a coward to even jump three feet. They both make me laugh at least twice every day :)

Just look at that face... Click the pic for the larger version and enjoy!

On a lesser note, I had Infectious mononucleosis, a.k.a. mono, which made me tired for two months straight and is still sometimes nagging my bones. I'm not one to nag back though, so I get on with my life and let mono nag.

School is crazy fun, but also crazy busy, because I want to make the best of every assigment I get. I sometimes feel some of the classes are shallow and spend more time showing me what I could learn instead of actually teaching it to me. I'm working on this with my tutor and he understands :)

I followed poetry classes for the last 8 weeks and I loved it! So much that I erased most of the books on my birthday wishlist and replaced them with poetry books (Ginsberg, Wilmink and Villon if you must know). For his birthday I took my dad, also a poetry lover, to see a dance show of the Noord Nederlandse Dans, aLink professional dance company in my city. The choreographer worked with American beat poet Derrick C. Brown to make a dance piece set on a poem. I met Derrick at school, where he taught one of my poetry classes and I really like his work. It's accessible and dreamy and Derrick has a beautiful voice. More information(in English) on the really great perfomance and its artists is here.

I'm still crocheting like crazy. I made a bunch of bracelets, a big bunny for my sister, a little bunny for me, a monster purse for a friend's birthday (see below), a bigger purse for myself (which I still have to line with fabric) and I'm working on a scarf and vest for myself. Crocheting is a form of therapeutical distraction of everything else that is going on in my life. I love making my own unique pieces and the crafting with my hands makes me calm and happy.


So life is pretty good here and this seems to be one of the first autumns in my life when I see how beautiful its colors really are and how much pretty color combinations make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment