Saturday, January 2, 2010

Today I went on a roadtrip with my mom. First we went to hand in a project I did for a competition by a Dutch dollhouseshop. They handed out marketstalls and the participants had to make something out of it. I made the stall of a sinister, dirty Spanish man who travels around the world with his trained mice to make a living. His name is Raul and I made him myself.

The pictures aren't too good and don't do the work justice, but I think you'll get the idea ;)



Then we went on to Amsterdam to pick up the house I got for free from a friend! When I saw it I still couldn't believe it! It is sooooo pretty and I am sooooo lucky and happy!!
It's the Willowcrest by Greenleaf Dollhouses.
This is how it came home with me. Needs a lot of work, but I'm already in love with it.
Thinking of colors... Maybe white woodwork and babyblue window frames?




6 comments:

  1. Hoi Lea,

    je hebt een geweldige mooie marktkraam gemaakt hoor! Heel knap gedaan;-)

    Enne....wat een geweldig mooi huis heb je nu gekregen zeg! Jou nieuwjaar is in elk geval supergoed begonnen.
    Heel veel knutselplezier aan de willow crest ik kom 'm na de verhuizing gauw eens bewonderen;-)

    Liefs,Marleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your market stall- and wonderful work on Raul!! The dollhouse is wonderful- you must be full of ideas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! :)
    And yes my head is buzzing with ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the messiness and dirtiness of the stall. Really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lirael! wow! your market stall turned out wonderfully! you did a great job with it. And how lucky you are to get that big doll house. Cant wait to see what you do with it! be sure to keep posting progress pictures. I have a couple small doll houses, but have them put away. You make me want to drag them out to play with!
    have a great weekend
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! :)

    Vivian, I promise I'll take pictures of the whole progress. And do drag out those houses! Refurnishing them and playing around with all the tiny things is a great way to spend a weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete