Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Flowers for the pretty lady

About three weeks ago it was my mom's birthday and I celebrated by staying for the weekend. We shopped at the thrift store, ate cake, barbecued in the back yard, watched silly cartoons and had a blast. We also did something we talked about doing for ages: we got my old toys from the attic and went through them. We had so much fun just digging through dolls' clothes and barbies! I used to love my barbies and I was so careful with them. They still have all of their original hairdo's, outfits and even shoes! I could even remember when I got most of them and who gave them to me.
I found a bag of barbie clothes and went through those too. I got to the Kelly stuff and had an interesting idea. What if I try some of Kelly's clothes on Alice? Most of it was too wide or too short, but the sneakers were a match and I came up with a cute outfit. The purse is original nineties fake barbie, but I kinda like it. I remember playing with that purse (it opens!) and it completes the outfit, so it came home with me :)

I think someone in the miniature world must have noticed Alice looking fabulous. This week when I walked through my street I saw a gorgeous tree blossoming in a radiant pink. I smelled it, but went on, not thinking any more about it. But yesterday there was a miniature bouquet of them on our doorstep with a little note that had Alice's name on it.

Here she is holding them. Aren't they pretty? I have no idea what they are, but they look like tiny peonies to me :)
They smell good too and they grow in little groups which makes them perfect dollhouse bouquets. I'm not sure how long they'll last, but I might try and dry them.
For now, we've put them in a vase with water and placed them in the windowsill of the stray house.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet is that! Who left the flowers there?

    Isn't it so much fun going down memory lane? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little scenes and plushies. I'm really glad I found your blog today!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete